#CommsChat, a weekly Twitter chat about anything and everything to do with communications, is inspired by chats like #JournChat, #PRstudchat and #BlogChat, which focus on specific subjects / participants.
These chats are typically based / moderated out of the USA, which means that the times are often challenging for people based in Europe.
#CommsChat has been developed with these things in mind, and will hopefully be shaped even more by you after reading this post.
The top line framework of #CommsChat
- A weekly chat on Monday nights at 8pm UK time (1 hour duration)
- Wide-ranging topics connected to communications, including: traditional and social media, PR, blogging, marketing, journalism and lots more
- Special guests will be invited to take part most weeks based on the subject matter
Help shape #CommsChat
The rest of #CommsChat and its make-up will be determined by you over the next few weeks.
- What would you like to see?
- Any thoughts on subjects / topics?
- Is there a format from another chat you’ve taken part in that you really like?
All this feedback will help us collectively create an engaged community and host sessions that add value to everyone taking part.
Put a date in your diary
The first #CommsChat is scheduled for 24 May 2010 at 8pm (UK time).
Although based out of the UK, it is open to anyone from everywhere – comms professionals, bloggers, journalists, students – basically anyone with an interest / passion in communications.
Over the next few weeks we’ll provide you with more information about how it will work.
But the primary objective is simple: encourage like-minded people to get together for an hour each week to share their tips, hints and lessons relating to the world of communications.
It should be a lot of fun…and we look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Staying connected / useful links: